Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chihuly and the Phipps Conservatory




By Michele Koskinen











One of my favorite glass artist is Dale Chihuly. His oversized brilliant pieces are vibrant and so much fun. I recently visited the Phipps Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh over the Christmas holiday. The Phipps has an exibit of  Chihuly that is interwoven in the displays throughout the gardens. Along the way I found another favorite, orchids. Orchids and Chihuly what a day.  At times like these I wish I had a huge greenhouse to grow exotic tropical plants. They are beautiful and can always make you feel transported to a far away place. I can’t wait to go to the Flower Show and see the Hawaii fantasies.

So come along as we go through the gardens on a dreary winter’s day waiting for spring.
If you ever get to Pittsburgh the Phipps is a definite stop for garden lovers and art lovers too.

http://phipps.conservatory.org/























No comments:

Post a Comment